On Father's Day Give Dad Something He Wants: A Gift He Can Use
Help your Dad win $50 by entering him in our Patch Father's Day contest.
Most Dads have a sense of humor.
Let's face it, they have to have a sense of humor. For some reason, Dads get some pretty rotten gifts from their children.
For Moms, there's always the thought of chocolates, flowers, jewelry or a beautifully popsicle stick-framed photo.
But for Dad the gifts seem, well, more of an after thought.
Let's face it, a man only needs so many ugly ties. Mom is never going to allow him to hang "Billy the Singing Bass" anywhere other than a mancave. And if your Dad is more like Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor than Bob Villa, tools, such as that 100-piece socket set you've been admiring, aren't going to do him much good.
So this year, consider this. Enter your Dad to win a $50 gift card from Patch.
It's simple. Just post a comment below and tell us about your Dad.
Remember, it can be anything about your Dad that makes him special to you.
Is he more like Ward Cleaver or Clark W. Griswold? Is he a dapper dude like Frank Sinatra? A grilling machine that could take on Bobby Flay in a throwdown?
Is he sporty? A tough guy? Does he have a green thumb or a way with duct tape?
What are you waiting for? You could be typing your entry by now.
But of course, you want to know all the rules.
So here they are:
On Monday, we'll randomly select one Dad to win a $50 gift card.
And if your comment is selected, we'll give you a $25 gift card as well.
Just nominate one Dad per comment, but you can post as many different comments (because we know you want to nominate your grandpa, your husband or even your brother to win) as you'd like.
Here are the obligatory rules:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment on this story telling us who you think is the Best Dad in the Lowcountry, where they live and what makes them special to you.
- All entries must be received by noon Eastern Time, June 18, 2012.
- You may enter one comment per user for each Dad you're nominating. You may enter multiple comments for multiple dads.
- Two winners will be selected in one random drawing.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $50 Visa gift card for being the Lowcountry's Best Dad. Approximate Retail Value: $50. One (1) reader will receive a $25 Visa gift card for nominating dad. Approximate Retail Value: $25.